Hi! For those of you who don't know me, my name is DaVida and I’m in the process of turning my health issues into a full-time position helping others. As a result of thyroid cancer my weight has blown way out of proportion. After having a total thyroidectomy at the age of 26, the autoimmune diseases started spiraling out of control. So far I’m rumbling with the side effects of taking medications, obesity, arthritis in my lower back and neck, eczema, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gum disease (the dentist said I need a full mouth extraction), sleep apnea (I wake up at night coughing and gagging for breath), migraine headaches, on the verge of being diabetic, depression, dry skin, hair and nails, and a follow-up has been requested for a "so-called" mass in my breast. Is this the part where I'm supposed to just roll over and die?
I can’t possibly be the only one who is suffering from the side effects of loosing a thyroid. There has to be others who are dealing with these very same issues. People who need to know how to avoid these problems. People who need to know how to cope once they have been diagnosed. People who need to know what foods to avoid. People who need to know how to get back to living a healthy lifestyle. There was a time when I thought that meant eating your vegetables, but that’s not the case anymore (some vegetables cause an adverse reaction with prescribed medication causing weight gain). There are other people who need to know learn to control their metabolism despite having glandular problems.
Here’s how I’ve decided to fight back:
1. Start a new non-profit business where people with thyroid issues can apply for grants to get help with thyroid related issues (i.e. obese people can apply for a grant for a gym membership or to have excessive skin removed as a result of weight loss).
2. Start a new for-profit business that is specifically designed to help others who are dealing with these issues as well.
3. Hire staff (assistant, webmaster, marketing agent, videographer, personal trainer, editors, attorneys, grant writers, masseuse, stylist, computer technician, farmers, drivers, consultants, dieticians, etc.) and hold annual seminars promoting healthy products and services
• Create 2 new websites (complete with a blogs and a forums)
• Create 2 new Youtube channels
• Create journal style videos of my struggles, which remedies worked, and what I did to overcome/avoid some of these ailments (i.e. diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.).
At the websites others will be able to:
• Obtain dietician consulting services specifically tailored for your medical history.
• Purchase tickets to attend our annual "Healthy Lifestyle Seminars" (the 1st seminar will be themed, “Thyroid Issues Annual Seminar” to be held Saturday, July 11, 2015)
• View/download recipes created for people who have thyroid issues (tell which foods helped and which foods hurt me or cause me to gain weight)
• Ask questions & Give feedback
• Watch pertinent videos
• Checkout reviews of products I’ve used along my quest to regain my health.
• Sponsor our cause or make donations
• Purchase Natural Products
• All natural deodorant
• All natural baby wipes
• All natural disinfectant wipes
• All natural body lotions
• All natural Shampoo & Conditioner
• Purchase Cookbooks & eBooks (specifically written for people with glandular issues)
• Become a member
• Join our mailing list
• Download apps
• Enter contest
• Share recipes
• Download free ebooks/video’s
• Download newsletter
• Download emagazine
• Apply for a job
• Become an intern
• Get consultation
• Apply for grants
• Share on social media
• Order additional Products & Services as the business grows
Website visitors will also be able to create “Getting Healthy Goals”
(for example here are a few of mines):
• Avoid diabetes
• Drop sleep apnea
• Heal dry skin hair and nails
• Drop 160 lbs. (join gym, eat organic, start juicing, hire a dietician that specializes in thyroid issues, etc.)
• Contact local county cooperative extension service to grow fruit and vegetable gardens
• Start co-op to set up distribution (to sell/give healthy organic vegetables to the community)
• Visit Dr. Sircus in Brazil for treatment (I read somewhere that there is a natural cure for cancer--it’s just not available in U.S.A. I’m going to find out!).
• Network with other farmers
• Create eMagazine “IT’S A THYROID ISSUE”
• Create newsletter “THYROID ISSUES”
• Acquire office space furniture and supplies
• Donate a portion of the proceeds from ebook sales (The 90 Day Bible and The Fred Johnson Experience) to this crowd fundraiser.
• Donate 1,000 child safety kits to less fortunate families with cancer survivors
These are goals that would make me feel better both mentally and physically. By accomplishing my goals, I’m sure, I’ll be able to help countless others who are going through the same troubles.
I'm a 45 year old, single, unemployed General Contractor (believe it or not) slash Business Consultant. The photograph used in this fundraiser is over twenty (20) years old. It was taken when I was happy and healthy. That’s the way I choose to remember myself. So, decided to use it as a tool for encouragement. I'll start making videos once this fundraiser reaches the video production budget milestone. Thanks for dropping by, thank you for caring, thank you for giving, thank you for volunteering, thank you for your kind words of healing, and most of all thank you for your support. Upon reaching my goal, 1,000 child safety kits will be donated to various schools, churches, day care centers, and low-income single parents (click here for more information).
For more information visit: